View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 11:30 AM   #25
MikeB

Re: RetroSound Radio

Someone mentioned Retrosound instructions above. I have to say they were not very helpful and it took me hours to determine how to best mount the radio. I probably installed 10-12 aftermarket stereos in the 70s-80s in everything from a Dodge van to an Audi Coupe to an RX7. All those were very straightforward installations compared to the Retrosound.

I'd love to have one of those old Clarion or Sony shaft radios. I still remember the good ones with PLL tuners (phase-locked loop) that would lock in an FM stereo station and hold onto it even if I turned the knob a little bit each way. My best one was an early 80s Clarion with a digital display(!) that had only a pre-amp, so the chassis was very shallow. I connected it to discrete front and rear main amps.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!

Last edited by MikeB; 03-01-2021 at 12:03 PM.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote