Thread: Noob from MS
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
Hob684

Noob from MS

Hey ya'll, My fiance's dad just bought a 88 c1500 standard/short/step/ 350 w/ 5spd man trans. We're plannin on a 4/5 drop, chrome front, shaved, rhino liner + flush top, hidden hitch and all that jazz. Prob. end up with some 18's w/ some Brembros all around.

The interior will be grey tweed w/ buckets and hopefully a newer dash if i can ever find out if they'll fit w/ little to no mods. I'm tryin to learn up on makin a custom center console to hide a 10" sub or 2.

As for the engine its already got K&N Typhoon + tornado (it really does work!) and a flowmaster header back (no cat.. shhh) w/ corner exits. In the mail are Edelbrock shortie headers. We're planning on swapping out the trans w/ a auto (not sure which yet.. any ideas?) with some added goodies from TCI with a Hurst on the floor.

After we finish this truck or close to finished, I found a 1947 Studebaker M5 shortbed that my great grandfather bought brand new in 1947 for $1350. This will be a complete resto with the exception of going 12v (MSD just made it alot easier!). I've got 5 stock rims that are green with white stripes so i think the end color will be a dark metallic green with white or cream pinstripes. It was parked in the 70's in the back corner for a huge barn that we park tractors in and such.. Its got some damage from a mouse or 2 here and there but the truck got revenge on 'em as we found 3 dead ones on the floorboard. It will keep the original Flat6 with maybe some glasspacks that aren't too loud. somethin w/a lil bit of nostalgia in it.

oh yeah.. did i mention that the motor turns freely w/ about a teaspoon of oil down the cylinders? How's that for good luck?

Here's the interior...
Attached Images

Last edited by Hob684; 07-28-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Hob684 is offline   Reply With Quote