View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #59
SCOTI

Re: My whole braking system - thinking out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Thanks for the kind words Scot

Well I didn't get as far as I had hoped today.....crazy busy day today. However I did get the rotor off of the parts Astro. So far it looks promising.....it's 11.61 diameter and 1.29 thick as it shows online. The hat is stamped steel and fits over the axle flange without machining as needed with the Lincoln rotors. Plus with the thinner hat, the wheel should be in the same location side to side as with a drum. I think the hub register will be fine as well even though the parts listing shows a hub register on the Astro rotors of .020 larger than the Lincoln and Impala rotors.

So those of you that are currently interested in this setup, do you have any input on which rotor sounds the best to you? The Lincoln rotor which is .955 thick or the Astro rotor which is 1.290 thick

Anyway the plan tomorrow is to get the rotor cleaned up some, get it mounted on my mockup rear diff, set an OEM caliper on there and see what ideas I can come up with for a bracket.
I'm a solid rotor GM kind of guy. Others might want the Lincoln rotor because they might be easier to get drilled or slotted (or both).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote