View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #1010
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So doing stuff on your birthday that makes you happy?

In my case, today was started off with a quick 6.45 minute School of YouTube lesson on how to remove the headlights, indicators and grille on an S10 Truck in 4’C or 40’F temperature without breaking anything, especially mounting tabs.

Reflection on the iPad screen is the very rough, English style Pebble Dash plaster on my 1921 built home.

Thought I would start with the passenger headlight as its fastening tabs are stuck between the battery and radiator core support and kinda tight for my large hands.

Good start...... bodgeworks always a good place to start.

The indicators, position lights etc may have been changed when the truck had its first UK MOT road test in 2006 where I know it failed due to the lack of side repeater lamps amongst other things.

I will fix these things as I discover them.

Lights out....

Followed by indicators.

Old and new indicator lenses.

And then BURGER !!!!

Indicator bulbs are “pinch pull” or whatever they are called, so the chrome bayonet items @rich had sent were not going to get used here.

Need to get some from the local motor factors.

Grille off and headed for the garage to take apart

So with the grille removed, the next job was to disassemble it it to its final component form for cleaning and processing.

20 years of life as we know it, on the grille that was apparently originally painted body colour in a matte finish has left it looking pretty sorry for itself.

Closer up.

As I kept disassembling, I found more and more bits I did not like.

To that needed bits of attention to get to a look I preferred.

More in a bit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote