View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #66
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Found myself able to split my attention a bit today during a meeting and began drafting my plans for an airbox that will fit nicely in our engine bays. It's being designed to fit a modern Camaro ZL1 air filter, good for over 600hp.

I don't have the air filter in hand yet, so the design is conceptual at this point as opposed to exact. I already know the angle of the air filter is different than what is here. What you see below is designed to fill the space between the radiator and fender nicely though.

I only have the lower in progress. The lid will contain the connection to plumb the air to the intake for a front-mount TB fuel injection setup.

The air intake part for the box will likely be designed with a few options, such as a lower intake to draw from a fender, or a frontal intake to draw from behind the grill.

I'll also be changing the base a bit and adding a drain port so any moisture will drain out.

This is just the very first iteration. Hopefully it'll improve moving forward .

Jay Leno and CO 3D printed the intake box for their custom Bronco, so I'm giving it a go. Their printer is slightly bigger (and about 5-10x more expensive haha) so I may have to get creative and assemble mine from a few pieces.

Last edited by siggyfreud; 08-05-2020 at 04:31 PM.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote