View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #163
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1967 Custom Sport Shop Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Wow ,you have been busy ,the shop looks great ,love the signs too. How did you hang that Race tire on your wall ,I may do that with one of mine ?
Thanks! It was a long time coming. I built the bench & added the shelves a few years ago and painted about half of it. It was only last month I pulled everything out and "finished" it. My new truck should be paid for in a couple months, then I'll pay to get the electrical permitted and done.

Pretty easy. 4" or so lag bolt. Drilled a hole through the tire. Drilled a pilot hole into a stud and screwed it down. The Pennzoil sign is held in the middle with picture wire. I used little bolts and drilled through the tire.

I did the same thing with the trunk lid. It was the original from the 'bird but the bottom was too rusty to reuse, so I sanded it down, painted like it was when the car was nice, and hung it up with lag bolts in studs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Cool work dude. My neighbor had a firebird. Maybe 68 or so. Was 400 and probably an auto. I'm too old to remember now. It was so cool. When he died I tried and tried to get it. I never saw it running. It just sat in the shed for atleast thirty plus years. I lusted after it but it would never be mine. Now I have a rusty old truck. Lol.
It's my someday car. My dad bought it in 83/84, "restored" it, drove it until around 1990, motor blew. Hasn't moved on it's own since. I have all rust free OEM parts I've picked up for it. Original rust free 67 firebird fenders (not Camaro, that was a major score), rust free 67 doors, deck lid, AND I scored an original OEM 68 firebird 400 Hood.

I will start on the car when I am done with the C10.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 02-16-2017 at 02:20 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote