View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 09:15 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: Model Car kit prices

Great collection! I especially like the vans. I see van kits and think about getting into those. My trucks need some buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel29gm View Post
SK, very nice collection. I have 3 or 4 been thinking about putting them together.
I have some kits I want to build, but I'll never build any of these original issues. Strictly collector items.

I had a lot of various model kits I began buying in the '80s, current issues to build. I broke my foot in December, was Christmas shopping for the kids, and kept seeing re-issues of kits I built as a kid in the '60s. I went nuts! I built quite a few while laid-up, but had many left over I stashed in the attic when I moved here in Dec '87. I also had bought my son way more than he could build. Plus, he just didn't have the car thing in his blood (stepson). When my wife left my younger son and I in '06, during the Great Recession and after refinancing the house to pay her monstrous debt, I needed to take a hard look at many thing I had collected and ended up selling things off. It's only things. I realized in my '50s life was more about doing than having. Anyway, no longer the collectomaniac I once was. I know see I had it pretty bad . I decided to keep anything 67-72 GM Truck, as well as selected few other vehicle stuff. One kit I still have, that I had bought for my son, is the huge Cobra kit... 1/16th scale?. Box has been opened but only to take a look. I also have a 1/25th scale Peterbilt 379 and an auto transport trailer kit unbuilt. On the fence about building that to display the built GM Trucks. I also have 1/25th scale Ertl pressed steel/diecast Astro/auto transport trailers, so don't really need to build the Peterbilt. I need a dust-free display cabinet before displaying anything. I'll build some one day.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote