View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
goregalore

Holley Carb rebuild

I really could use some input here.

I just started cleaning and rebuilding what I thought was a Holley 4160 carb, but I am not sure what it is now. It says 6R-7809, and on the horn 1950-5 and 2410 under that. I crossed check the #s and came up with part # 80457 which is a 4160. But I could be wrong.

I thought 4160 had an electric choke, but this one does not, or atleast it doesn't now.
The choke linkage is trash. It has a hand made choke arm, plus someone has ground off a part of the linkage. I have all the linkage parts except the choke arm in the rebuild kit.

I purchased a holley trick rebuild kit, the choke linkage kit, new floats, and a new secondary diaphragm.

Other possible issues.
I am going to replace the floats but I was also trying to determine why this carb was loading up on fuel.
I noticed one of the floats is newer than the other. And they were different weights. You could tell just by holding them, but they were also labeled (primary) F4 and (secondary) F80. To be honest, I don't know what that means.
Plus the float springs are obviously different they look different and have different compression strength.
The primary float is lighter as is its float spring.
The secondary is the heavier float as is its float spring.

So, I guess I will finish cleaning up the carbs, and after talking to a friend about the floats and possibly getting a new linkage then reassembling this thing.
goregalore is offline   Reply With Quote