View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Grizz1963

Re: New Guy - Grizz1963 signing in from Rochester, KENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_weapons View Post
welocme Grizz. i will also be in the UK about mid next year at RAF Lakenheath. i cant wait to get into the classic car/truck scene over there. i am hoping i can take my 63 C10 but i am worried about the MOT and SVA inspections. do you have any insight as to the laws concerning American classics being imported? you can PM me the details so it doesnt clog up your build page. Thanks

Thanks to all for the welcome.

I am truly at the blunt end of the stick with these trucks and what does or does not work on them.

Nicola and I only know what we like and the look we want, beyond that we are learning from scratch.

Stealth......

I never see responding to stuff as clogging a thread, a we often learn from each other, which is why most of my threads are so detailed, to help others the way I learn from them.

Here is probably the perfect answer to your questions...... I have sent you a PM as well, with links to threads I started for you on other UK websites.

Talk to Jean at:

Mildenhall Auto Centre

They've been looking after US personnel and motors off the bases for many years, they're right next to Mildenhall base, 10 minutes from Lakenheath.
They're also about the fastest way you'll get a late model US import SVA'd and on the road in the UK, I had my Dodge from the the docks and on the road within a week.
Very highly recommended, if he's at Lakenheath I wouldn't go anywhere else and they understand the old stuff too
Al

CLICK this Link get closer to your answers.

http://www.mildenhallautocentre.ltd.uk/

Hope that helps.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote