View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #683
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Posting this for your future info/not trying to hijack the thread. After this seat, I'd say buy upholstery from SMS but don't let them make your cover. The back fit quite well, but the bottom dimensions are so off, this is with adding 1" foam on top, and some foam in the front part of the seat. I'm sure someone with your experience could have probably done a better job, but I think you might have even struggled with it. I think as most know, adding that 1" of foam is unwanted height to the seat, especially under the steering wheel (luckily I have a tilt wheel). I should have known I was in trouble when they contacted me after 8 months and said they hadn't started on it yet because they didn't have the pattern for the cover.

Aside from that, it does look nice and the fabric is great. Hope it holds up. Once I get this truck back together and driving and save up some cash, I'll probably take the seat to an upholstery shop, buy a new bottom foam, and have them cut/fit/resew the bottom cover so I don't have to use a bunch of extra foam.

In any event, if you have the $, just have TKCR do your seat. They turn out much nicer.
I think it looks nice. To me, I just looks like it needed a lot of handworking. It can get frustrating, to say the least. But I will say this, putting a cover on a non tilt seat can be a bit of a handful. I’ve only done a few. I don’t even get core seats anymore, unless they tilt. No one wants them anyways.
Your seat bottom foam, is it a full foam or a poor mans foam?
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote