View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 10:27 PM   #17
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: 87 c-10 r-10 pulse wiper options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
Displays correct for me.
If I caught this right, there are only 3 delay speeds and not user variable delay?
glad the video is correctly rotated. no idea why it shows on my laptop upside down.

I wonder how many "speeds" OE actually had... with the stock c-10 switch its programmed with 3 speeds of delay.

since the knob just rotates and no clicks like the gmt400 switch I felt like more delays would make program flaky and maybe fail if it reads 1 or 2 values back and fourth, maybe even putting it in an inoperative state. Program is setup to see when a state is changed, it updates the counter. So if it reads 'delay 2' and then 'delay 1', it will reset... and if it keeps that cycle up because of the switch barley moving due to vibrations, delay will never reach the set count

so its set up with just 3 delay speeds..
delay 1 is right off the "off"detent
delay 2 is some "not only in the middle of travel, but a wide range, easy to get delay 2 every time and easy to feel for
delay 3 is right before "low" speed detent

also added a reset circuit to the board, so if it needs to be reset, its not pulling a fuse or anything, just push the button

the relay harness it will have 1 wire dedicated as a fail safe. (1 side of switch to ground and the other to this wire)
So, if the module fails or something with the switch input fails, it will give the low speed relay ground if the "oe" wiper motor fuse is good, till the switch is turned off

clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote