View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

When I put the WMB on jack stands I discovered that the passenger side upper front shock mount was broken out of the frame. The PO must have just pushed back in the hole after it broke and left it. It looked like it had been broken for some time. When I jacked the front up it just poped out. My guess is that it broke due to the bump stops being torched off and when the air bags are all the way down the shock becomes the bump stop. I will have find some way of adding a bump stop and mounting some raised shock mounts. But for now it's just been welded back in place. Took advantage of the welder being out and installed exhaust pipe passages in the cross member. I also noticed the idler arm was very worn, so replaced it. In addition I saw grease running out from under the center cap on one of the front wheels. Probably not a good sign.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote