View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
RanchFlyer

Re: Inexpensive air driers?

I agree refrigerated air driers are nice and certainly work. Astronaut my hat is off for having the best home brewed refrigerated drier I have seen. The arrangement I suggested is listed as an inexpensive (under $100) band-aid not a cure. I still stand by that a properly sized compressor with a factory aftercooler will solve alot of problems. I have personally installed a full package Gardner Denver R30 pump, spinning 700 rpm, through the factory aftercooler, to the tank and then to a Wix Aquachek as suggested above. That unit when new provided 0 degree dewpoint air as tested by a Beko DPM.

A machine with a big pump turning slow is my day in day out recommendation. That pump turning 700 rpm puts way less heat into the air to begin with, compared to say a marginally sized pump running 2500rpm (IR Standard Package from sears or Tractor Supply).

My current machine at home is an IR model 2340 but I changed the drive shieve to get the pump speed down. That is into an Toolguard filter. If you would like I can ask the Beko rep if I can borrow a demo Dewpoint monitor, and test it. I would wager it is less than the 32 that any refrigerated drier is capable of.
RanchFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote