View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #289
vintovka

Re: Water Jacket Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
Well ;

You're making progress here .

The auxiliary fan mounting kits are sold by NAPA and others, should be easy to find one if you still need it .

The by-pass holes are a good idea, I don't always drill them because in theory a cooling system in good shape shouldn't need them .

You've not yet mentioned overheating and plumes of steam so I'm thinking you just don't like it to run near boiling point .

RTV is bad stuff in a cooling system ~ I hope you simply wiped on a thin coating on each side of the gasket with your finger .
Our NAPA sucks and I won't buy a thing from them after 2 of their GOLD Crest Power steering boxes failed. My method works well and provides for second chances (which i didn't need) as zip ties are cheap and plentiful.

The sole issue is the fan running all the time. No overheating issues.

I used just enough to cover the gasket. Auto Zone sells a small packet in what looks like a catsup squeeze pouch. Helps not to use too much.

Just finished reassembling whole front apron cover. Had a metal fatigue break on one side of the upper radiator support frame. Took forever to fab up repair strap as needed to weld on nuts where no one could ever reach.

Funny part is needed a step stool for first time. I have shrunk since last time i pulled front apron some 23 years ago.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote