Thread: Sold American!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sold American!

It has gotten harder and harder to buy American every year since I was born. It has gone from being able to buy nothing imported to taking great effort to find a USA made product. And USA made now could mean by a foreign owner company. I am American labor, therefore I feel an instinct to protect that. I have been buying American my whole adult life, since the early '70s. I remember when it became hard to buy a camera or stereo that wasn't made in Japan and it appeared Japan made was the only choice. Back then you bought something from another country to get what they were known for, like a Swiss watch or Italian floor tiles, or Sake from Japan

A few at the top have gotten multiple times richer by selling us out by moving production abroad. As cheaply as things can be produced in China we should be paying prices from the '60s. We still have inflation as bad as ever. Companies make such a larger margin that they can go buy up competition just to shut them down...all in partnership with our bailed out banks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-14-2017 at 06:43 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote