View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #15
HO455
Post Whore

Thumbs down Re: Working Man's Burbon

Before spraying the Por15 I taped off many areas of the WMB to limit the mess. I have found out that was some what of a mistake. In several areas the paint flowed into the tape gaps and then dried leaving a large build up of paint that seems to have a lot of porosity. It looks as the paint was trapped so were a lot of air bubbles. The areas that I didn't tape up to keep the paint from running out look much better. I tried to photograph this build up but I am unable to be able to get a good close up photo. Please forgive my photography. Next time I will let the Por15 just run out and avoid having to remove this build up. I was unable to get a picture of the inside of the rear gates. I had some pin hole in the bottom of the upper gate and was worried about how long it was going to be before it was going to turn into junk. From every angle I can see inside the Por15 coverage looks to be complete. I drilled two holes in each end and removed the hinges from the door. These 4 access points have worked well. It would be interesting to spray one and then cut it apart for inspection. The last photo showes the 1" hole drilled. I plan on using the factory style plug to cover the holes. The guys at Dan's Classic Chevrolet didn't quite understand why I wanted to order 10 of those plugs.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote