View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 05:18 PM   #136
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

I find it doubtful the fuel evaporation in less than 10 hours, overnight in cool-ish weather. It surely cannot be plugs (I have read a LOT about them), unless it wasn't rebuilt correctly by Quadjet Power - they aren't supposed to be any other places better (unless you got one done by Lars).

I went to great length to get the correct 72 Qjet for my truck (the one I took off was from a 78 Chevy Truck 17058213). But here is my number: 7042208. Which now has been worked on by Quadrajet Power (modified to Performance II). You wouldn't believe what I spend on the carb and then to have it worked on. Not to mention 18 weeks of waiting (and the two before it getting the 7042208).

I thought I was on to something when I found the truck will idle now at ~600 RPM's with throttle fully closed.. it will not die anymore with throttle closed.

From Mark @QP
Quote:
Carb can idle with them closed. It has bypass air built in and we richened the mixture based on your engine descriptions.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote