View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 07:03 PM   #310
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

I got a few coats of Summit brand high build urethane primer on both sides of the hood and the new chrome bumper on just for kicks and a photo op on Easter afternoon. Never mind the shop chicken, she's a ham.

The shot from the side shows the truck with the bags empty sitting on the bump stops. This is the lowest this trucks front end can drop without the tires rubbing the inner fender wells.

I need to clean up and apply a quality coating of some sort to the underside of the inner fenders. I see several fellas using raptor liner so I'll be looking into that.

Over the next few weeks I want to get the truck fully wired, and the motor up and running. My brother in law is willing to come over and help me with the wiring. I fall squarely into the "I hate wiring" camp. I find myself just staring at the diagram, then staring at the harness, then staring at the other harness, then having a headache. I've had the engine running in the past, but it was brief. It didn't run long enough to get up to temperature. This time I'll have a nearly complete exhaust system.

I can also start on hail damage and dent repair that still needs to be done.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote