View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 01:37 PM   #47
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I was into cars since I was probably 6-7 years old.When I was about 10 a nieghbors dad had an old coupe he was always working on.One day he had finally gotten it running.He called his son and I and said get in let's go to the store.A 34 Ford with a flattie and 4 sp.old school with plywood floorboards in primer.I was really hooked on cars/trucks after that.Then in High school a friend used his grandads 69 SWB step, and I always liked the way it looked.I had always wanted a sedan delivery or a panel because I like to have room for stuff.Fast forward to 1980 and I was in need of transportation.I went looking on car lots and found a 67 Chevy Pnael and fell in love.$900.00 later I owned it.I drove it until 1996 going thru 2 3 speeds and 3 different 350's(lots of miles).I had torn it down to replace the engine again and happened to pass the 68 on the side of the road.I stopped to look at it and my wife wrote down the # and called the guy a couple of days later.
Weds evening I got home from work and she asked what I had planned for the weekend and I said "nothing". She said don't plan anything we need to go pick that truck up, it's yours.

I still have the 67 and I had a 69 parts truck for a year or so.I have owned three of these trucks and had possesion of a forth.Someday I hope to have a 67-72 Chevy pick-up.(all mine have been Panels)
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote