View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
68burbanontherocks

Re: 540 BBC 68 Burb Dually 54" Boggers on Rocks

So with the idea to go with dually boggers, i think it was one of those things that sounded better in my head and on paper than it did in real life! Haha, there just really big tires and its literately 80 inches of rubber in the rear! I loved how my Burb was a dually prior to me owning it so i wanted to keep that concept just on a much larger scale. As you can see from the pics they just stick out really wide so i need to figure a way to suck them in without going too far where i start to affect the spring perch location significantly. I can flip the hubs on the Rockwell's in and narrow it that way. Another idea is i could run a front axle in the rear and cut it by 7" inches and run 2 short stub shafts and it would also put the center chunk in-line with the rear drive shaft.

The wheels them self are built by John Staszak at Stazworks LLC. Awesome dude!! just takes him a little while to get your product out, but is definitely well worth the wait! The idea we came up with for the rear rims was to run all 4 rear tires with a 10" offset wheel that way they are all interchangeable to an extent. To make up for the gap John made a spacer out of 3/4" plate that is 12" in length. The front tires are 20x14 and the rears are 20x12's double bead-locked.
Attached Images

68burbanontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote