View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

More progress photos. Since my last post I have finished the brakes up, ended up replacing the master cylinder. The new line installation went better than expected except for fighting bleeding on rear wheel. Turned out the new speed bleeder was defective. Once I got a good master cylinder and the bleeder replaced things went well.

Transmission (TH350) is cleaned up and ready to install as soon as the new aluminum finned pan arrives. It will give 2 quarts more capacity and add some bling to the under carriage. It is supposed to be here tomorrow (got it from Summit). Easy install, then mate it to the transfer and drop them onto the frame. I decided to drop in the engine block so I can do the fuel and tranny cooling lines while the cab is off.

Speaking of the cab this weekend I welded up the firewall holes and smoothed the firewall. 47 holes in all ranging in size from screw size to 1"+. Below are 4 photos showing the before, holes patched and welded, after grinding and primed. I need to do some final blocking and touch up.

I started cleaning up the underside of the cab and will get it undercoated this week (its going to be an off-road driver and the original under coating did a really good job of keep it relatively rust free).

Here's the photos...
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote