View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #28
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Ok, here are a few pictures from today. I have a couple of pieces of 2" square tube laying on top of the Dodge frame rails to help me see where things will be, more or less. The 1957 Chevy frame is pretty much two flat rails, so the 2" box tube helps to simulate that with the Dodge's stepped frame.

Since I don't have a shop floor to work off of yet, I am doing most of this on my driveway slab, which is far from level. I used cinder blocks and screw jacks to level the frame this morning, taking the weight off the suspension.

Here is another place where the box tube came in handy with the stepped frame. The rear of the frame where the bed mounts and the arch for the front suspension are the same height, so the box tube just spans the gaps.

Everything level, front to back and left to right.

Disregard all the mess around my work area. A friend bought some property down the road that came with a bunch of tools, assorted fluids, etc. He dropped off all that he didn't want. Until the shop is done, storage is almost none right now. And being spring time, the trees are shedding everywhere. Everything is coated with a yellow haze of pollen.

-Joe

Last edited by Purcell69; 04-18-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote