View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

On 23 Sept I wasted a half a day at the DMV, not only did I wait entirely too long but I had to endure the pissy attitude of the gal behind the counter that had to explain to me the process of getting a bonded title for the truck, but I only walked out of there with more paperwork than I took in with me.

Before I bought the truck I took down the VIN and did a search on it, mostly just to make sure it wasnt stolen since the guy I got it from didnt have a title to it. In the sunvisor was a very old registration certificate that showed the name and address of the person who registered it at that time (June of 98). On a whim the wife and I drove out to the address on that registration and even tho it was a long shot in the dark, the fellow actually still lived there and was jazzed to know someone had gotten his old truck and was going to get it back on the road. He agreed to meet me at a tag and license office and see if he was still the last person to hold the title. We met up today, 01 Oct 11 and luckily he was so now I have a clear title to the truck!

All week I have been buying stuff, compressor, tools, odds and ends, and paint. I also tore into the cab, getting all the 70s era carpet off the walls and floor, and looking for the rust that I knew was going to be there. I will post those pics later when I have a before and after set. Before I could really tear into the truck though I had to get an ATV tent up and get my snow plowing Polaris out of the garage. The tent will also serve as a parts storage. The tent went up this afternoon, and I got to work on the rig...

First pic is the ATV and parts tent. Second and third is my rear passenger side wheel before and after. I took a wire wheel to the rim and painted the brake drum behind it. The last 2 are with the grill off...
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote