View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #10
skyphix

Re: 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 - Road Trips/Light Overlanding/Daily Driver

This Suburban was worked pretty hard over its life. It seems to have been a family hauler/work vehicle. Lots of small dings and scratches in the paint, but overall the paint is actually in decent shape and cleaned up well. I do my own car detailing/paint correction and restoration. On this one, I just used cheap off the shelf stuff and it made a huge difference. Kids love helping me with detailing - and with the size of this bus, I was happy to have the help!

Hood scratches before, with some hazing

Hood scratches after - no cover product on yet (no wax/sealant, just after a gentle compound and polish.) Whats left are only ones you can catch with your fingernail, and will likely require either a wet sand or a full respray. Not worth it to me on this vehicle.

Just cheap harbor freight polisher, with HF pads (I only use the orange/peach, and black - the black provides a finer finish in the same time as the blue "medium" pad from them when using the polish and compound I used on this vehicle.)

I use the same brand polish, and ultimately top coat with the same brand Sealant (they call it "Ultimate Wax" but its a sealant) for daily drivers of my own. When I did customer cars, I used higher quality stuff, but for my cars this stuff works fine and gets them 85% of the way to perfect. Good enough for my daily drivers.

Its been kind of rainy here, so no full photos at this time, but here's a good example of the reflectivity after a good wash/clay/compound/polish/seal routine.

skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote