View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
Peepaw

72 C10 SWB LSx Build, truck with no name

Hey guys and gals. This is a project of mine that began @ 7-8 years ago. I bought the truck from a friend of mine, that had owned the truck for @ 15-20 years that had bought the truck from the original owner (whose Brother is a member on this board).
It was an original 402, LWB, AC, Turbo 400, 12Bolt truck. My friend had restored it: new interior, brakes, suspension, transmission, rear end, motor, etc...
The 402" got warmed over with more compression, cam, heads, intake, Holley.
Truck ran great. I put a plate on it and ran even better. Until it didnt.

Knocked a hole in a piston and transformation began.
It began as a 427" BBC. Then a 502". Then a 632". Then a Gen II Hemi (put the guns down, I didnt do it).
So, finally decided to do a LSx turbo and that's my plan and Im sticking to it. Maybe.
Started with pulling bed off and turned her into a SWB. Then cab corners and rockers. Patching floors up. Ripped out all the old wiring and started from scratch.
Has a 5.3L in her with a single 76MM, but also have a built 414" with L92's ready to plop in (the 414" is technically for my Camaro, but may find its way into the C10 or my '55 Pontiac, ).
I have the Holley Terminator X, Magnafuel fuel system, etc....

Got 5" drop in the back, and 3" in the front.

Turbo 400 and 12 bolt are staying for now.

I am going to need some help along the way of course, and is why Im here:

Fuel tank (want it under bed)

Brakes (master cylinder relocation, maybe? Or Hydro Boost conversion? LSx pump work with stock steering box? Custom lines made?

Radiator/cooling system.

And a lot more.

Pics will follow.