View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #17
Peepaw

Re: 72 C10 SWB LSx Build, truck with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
You've got your work cut out for you. Sounds like a fun to-do list.

That's one tired looking turn signal switch.

Does the Terminator X have the ability to control a 4L80E?

No it does not. The Term X Max does.

But the simple version is, there is just no reason for the 60 or 80 over the 400 in my opinion and what my plans are for this truck.

Why would you put in the OD trans in a vehicle that did not have it to begin with? Fuel economy and keep revs down on the motor, right? You could add noise from engine RPMS as well, but Im pretty sure noise is not a concern in these older trucks. LOL!

That being said, Id have to drive my truck (I did the math) once a week for @ 20 years to break even to put a 4l60 or 80 in my truck. Im not concerned about that.
Id say on a good MONTH, this truck once running, will see 100 miles over a months time. Lets say it gets 10 miles to a gallon better with the OD. over 100 miles, thats 5 gallons gallons of fuel saved (if we say without OD it gets 10 miles to a gallon, and with OD it gets 20 MPG...10 MPG in 100 miles is 10 gallons burned....20 mpg in 100 miles is 5 gallons burned). So, in that months time I saved a whopping $12-$14 in gas money. Thats $145-$170 a year Ive saved. Times that by 20 years is $2900-$3400 and I finally paid for the 60/80.
That might be a far outreach on the cost of a 60/80 over the 400, and I can guarantee someone will chime in and say the cost to build each is the same or very few dollars more.
But in the end, I still dont need OD.
The 400 is simple. Tough. And I have one already. LOL!