View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #18
tim_mc

Re: 1967 C20 long bed update

I took in my ashtray to have the paint matched. The poly green is close to the '65-'66 turquoise poly on the attached paint chip (code 510/43276). I have that page of PPG/Ditzler paint chips and it looks damn close to what was matched by the paint shop from my ashtray. I've also included a pic of my RH A-pillar in 503 Light Green contrasting the dash and interior in poly green.

You might spot the color difference between the driver side door frame and the door panel. My original '67 LH door was badly creased, likely from someone backing into a post or barn with the door open. I was lucky to find a '69 door in 503 green that even had the same rust streaks from a West Coast Jr mirror. The inside of the door was sprayed 503 green since GM no longer had different interior colors by '69, but otherwise the patina matches. In the last pic you can see where we sprayed the LH kick panel and cab corner to blend in the metal work with the rest of the cab.

As usual, I can't respond with a short answer, but the paint codes and combinations are fun to discuss. My wife agrees - white exterior with poly green interior is an awesome combo.

I wonder if your truck was also made in the St. Louis truck plant. The 6th VIN character will be an "S" for St. Louis, CS247S.
Attached Images