View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
Brad54

Re: 327 Long Block 3959512 GM Service Engine Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
I got my entire front clip and both doors for the Blazer from the swap meet in Commerce. It's been a while since I've been though. I had noticed that they had bumped it up to one every month. I was very sad to see that Hayne's Salvage yard there had liquidated and crushed all their trucks. I went a couple of months ago to try and pick up some axle parts....and they were all gone. A lot of good stuff gone to the crusher.
I put on the swap meet--it's been every month since I started it 15 years ago!
Haynes ended up selling out; he tried to sell the place with all the inventory, but nobody would buy it, so he crushed it and got what he was asking for the land. It sucks, but he'd told me a couple years ago the classic area had become a museum because everybody came to look at stuff but almost never bought anything.

Send me your email address and I'll put you on our monthly newsletter list.
Eckler's is giving away $10 gift certificates to cruise-in vehicles every month, and we've got two shows per year that feature Eckler's gift certs for vintage trucks. I'm trying to with with truck clubs to get them to come out on those days, too. (which should get the specific truck vendors to come out en masse too).
-Brad
brad56@windstream.net
(706) 424-5035

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote