View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #300
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
When you started this project I was thinking it would never work out. Man did you prove me wrong. That thing is cool as hell. I know it's going to be a fun ride too. My daughter was test driving a TB SS one time and that thing would scoot.
You and I had the same thought process. I watch a lot of car building shows. Even when i was starting the the build, i was like "there's no way this will work". But mathematically all the dimensions were within an inch, except the wheel base on the trailblazer is 3 inches longer. If it did work out, i was sure it'd look like cobbled up garbage, which I'm used to driving, so the expectation was already pretty low. But my mindset throughout the build was "so what? If it works, great. If not, big deal. At least You'll learn something." There are no rules with this. I was sure I'd probably upset some Jeep and tbss purists. It's not a rare Jeep. There's no celebrity back story. And it's not their time or money.

One of my best friends in Florida is an awesome mechanic and painter. I worked with him on weekends, mostly to just hang out, but also to learn new things. I was like a sponge, soaking up knowledge and sharpening my skills. One thing he always taught me was "don't be afraid to break things. Things break, **** happens." I'm surprised i don't have that written on the wall i the shop somewhere. That kept playing over and over in my head before i cut the floor out of the jeep. It was a huge step and i was honestly tired of holding a tape measure, playing the "what if" game in my head..

The trailblazer ss IS fast. If i launch it from a dead stop, the traction control light flashes, and you can feel the front tires chirping. Madkidd can confirm. We took it over to his dad's house and i got on it a few times. He's got a 2wd Saab version with a 6.0 swap. It does really nice donuts.

-Josh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote