View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #18
chev-obsession

Re: A grandpa’s camper truck resurrection

So today I was able to get the entire truck pressure washed (steam cleaned) and cleaned up good enough to pull into the shop and start disassembling the front end and start working on getting it back to road worthy. I was also able to drop the saddle tank, ended up slicing and dicing the bolt heads, but it’s out now and not too much spilt fuel.

I also stuffed the pressure washer wand down the side of the cowling and blew the rest of the dirt and crap out. While I was there I hit the door jambs and hinges since I feel like there was some garbage in there too. I’ll post some before and after pictures, you couldn’t even see the ball joints or castle nuts on the ball joints from the amount of grease, oil and dirt caked on.

Also found out that the motor has been rebuilt, the casting number on the block is 3970014.I was just glad to see that it wasn’t a 305 or 307

Overal I feel very very accomplished, there is something very satisfying about steam cleaning all of that grease and crap off. I’m very eager to start in on the work ahead of me
Attached Images