View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #16
conoco

Re: Rocker replaced (finally) 1st time attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Super work! I would like to know two things if you don't mind:

1. An interior photo of the kick panel replacement. Along with the usual stuff, both mine need replacing up and into the vent openings. I dread that most. Inner and outer rockers as well as a bit of floor on each side. All my cab supports are solid.

2. Who is Ray Buck you ordered your pieces from? I am guessing the guy in Pennsylvania?

Thanks in advance and again, great work.
1) The kick panel gave me the most trouble. The kick panel is tied into what seems like everything. There were 2 issues for me. 1st I had to cut up about 7 inches on the old panel so I could easily keep taking my inner and outer rocker out for fitment purposes. When I went to finally fit the kick panel after everything else was fitted I had just over 1 inch layover to work with on the new panel. I was able to scribe from the outside and get a good fit to butt weld everything in place. 2nd, the kick panel has a lip that sits on top of the inner rocker, it is also spot welded to the back side or the A pillar. Mine had 6 spot welds that I had to cut out and it was tricky, but very doable if you take your time. I will try to explain it in the attached pictures. I will take more pictures for you when I get home so you can see just what the finished product looks like. All is well.

2) https://raybuck.com
I just ordered online. They have every part I needed and the prices were good. But I will say if you live in the lower 48, I would have ordered from GMCPauls or Manes. They both have excellent products and I don't think there shipping is bad "if you live anywhere but ALASKA or ANTARTICA LMAO!! I believe they both use the thicker gauge metal for all there parts and they have excellent reviews.

Ray Buck was awesome too, and the only reason I would have gone with another vendor is because the other vendors are smaller and they were both very friendly with me when I spoke to each of them. They tried to help but couldn't and that's ok.

The only thing I disliked about Ray Buck is that, from the time I ordered it took 3 weeks for them to ship. If you go to there website it clearly states that because of COVID and supplier issues it is taking 2-3 weeks for sheet metal parts. But again they were great for my truck and every piece fit awesome. The floor pan I got is the restoration grade floor pan. It is different and a lot better. Good luck on your project you will do just fine. Shoot me a private message with any questions and I would be glad to help any way I can. I am doing all this same work I did in this post to the drivers side when I fly home on the 29th, but this time I feel a lot better lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by conoco; 04-14-2021 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling errors
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote