View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
K10mashup350

Rear disc conversion

I know there are a ton of threads on this topic, but nothing that gave me the answers I was looking for.... I will be doing this conversion with the astro discs and calipers, with my own custom brackets....

My questions are...
Do I need to remove my axles to do this swap? I hope I don't have to as I don't want to open it up yet then want to upgrade the 12bolt rear I have just yet but if I open it up I'm going to want to while it's open but just don't have the cash for that yet ... An I have no issues with unbolting/ cutting prying all the old crap drum stuff off the truck

With all the different designs to the caliper brackets is there anything that I should make sure I incorporate Into my designs ... I have been thinking an sketching up a 2 piece bolt on setup in a "u-shape" that slides over the axle, one "u" facing one direction and the other opposite (or best suited just not same location) but still capable of using all 4 mounting bolts (as opposed to the 3bolt setups I've seen)

Do I need a proportion valve? some say yes some say no?

Should I be concerned with my master or is it ok... Would it be best to get a disc/disc combination valve? .... All of the above? Some? None?

Btw the truck is a 73-80 c10 frame with I believe an original 12 bolt rear end 5x5 bolt pattern
K10mashup350 is offline   Reply With Quote