Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Very nice looking truck, and what a good deal. It looks like a real nice solid truck. Your doing some nice work on it so far. Keep up the good work on it and keep the pics coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66farmer View Post
PDX

It looks like your doing a great job. I like the name (Sanity 66) when I'm working on my 66 I'm in my own world.

Keep up the good work
Thanks you guys, I have followed both of your builds and they have given me inspiration on mine. This is the first frame off build I've done and it can be a little overpowering at times so I get a lot of motivation watching your progress.

Continuing with my retrospective, my next step was to tear down the cab and get it off the frame. I built a cart of sorts to wheel the cab around in and got my son and a couple of his friends to help me lift the cab. I then started the cleanup of the remaining frame section, removed the trans crossmember, and ground the rivets off of the center crossmember but put a couple of bolts in it to hold it until I'm ready to either buy a new one or flip the old one. Could anyone tell me if there are any cons to just flipping the stock crossmember? I noticed that the astronaut was talking about this on his goldilocks build.
By now the weather was too cold to paint and still being unemployed I couldn't afford to buy anykind of heater so things slowed down quite a bit.
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote