View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 03:02 PM   #8
hemi43

Re: Blazer Softopper One Year Review

My softopper is at least 8 years old and still holding up. My biggest peeve is the noise, but that's not a Softopper issue. In fact, the truck is much more quiet with no top at all.
Taking it on and off is a royal pain in the @ss, and unfortunately due to my roll bar I can't just fold it backwards. Its a 20 minute job.
Another minor issue is rolling the window fully up with the doors closed. It is possible, but I end up opening the door a few inches, rolling the window up fully the close the door.
My top does leak along the seam directly over my head which is a nuisance, but I was able to mostly seal it up using tent seam waterproofing available at camping supply stores.
My windows are getting pretty hazy, but then again it is 8 years old. Also, if your truck has AC, don't even put it on because you'll never cool down the interior.
I would purchase another one, but it seems like they cheaped out on the newer brackets and hardware, and i'm not sure how long the new fastening system on the windshield header (no snaps) will last.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote