View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #8
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
Previous owner replaced the rocker panels and patched the front quaters. Torsion boxes are 90% solid. Not sure If I will patch those or replace the entire box - is there a problem with just cutting out the badly rusted parts?

There is minor rust on the floor pan but kinda hate to see what may be underneath. I've been looking all the sheetmetal/rust repair threads I can on this site and its given me some confidence that I can do it with some patience and luck

Honestly right after making this build thread I felt this urge to keep it up like it was motivating me - pretty cool!
Your color combo sounds cool. It took me actually shooting the paint to commit to a color, lol.

Theres not a problem at all with patching the rocker boxes. I did. A PO had cut a portion of the bottom out on both sides to hang some steps, lol. To each his own I guess. If the rust really is minor as in surface rust then I'd leave well enough alone and use some rust inhibitor on like Por15. You should be able to see the underside pretty well if your going to cut out and patch the rocker boxes. I too have learned that a build thread helps keep ya going. Keep up the work. And yes you may as well take a couple pics of those new wheels and toss'em on here for all to see.

My Build
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote