View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #27
jaros44sr

Re: 3 Kids, 1 Wife, and 1 Lonely Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM72 View Post
I definitely considered trying that. Does your cross member have the upper arms that bolt to the top of the frame? I was afraid I wouldn't be able to rotate it into place with the transfer case attached. Was hoping to install the trans and t-case together as a unit, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with the cross member in place.

Thanks for kind words. Your thread and a few others keep me motivated to keep picking away at this project! This forum is the best.
yes, I install as a unit, trans. and t/c. seeing as I have a 4" lift, it rolls under nicely, easier to put on trans jack outside of truck, and roll in place. Diagonal supports can be installed later. As you are, I'm a one man show, so any mechanical advantage I can gain, I use

I agree, great group of guys with tons of knowledge and experience, all willing to share. and yes, I use the builds to keep me motivated

BTW, I use exhaust manifold studs to line up, and install my t/c to trans. you can take them out later or leave them for future installs

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote