View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
440racer

Dog tracking and throttle steer

This is my first post so please bear with me.

Also, this may should be in suspension forum but I'm not sure.

I now am the 4th generation family owner of a 65 c10 I purchased from my father-in-law.

The truck was in a bad front end collision and repaired before I bought it.

When I got the truck it had a crate 350 with TH400 transmission, manual steering and brakes.

I had a 1985 front suspension (cross member down) installed to add disc brakes and power steering.

Since then I have replace the spindles with drop spindles, new factory spec front coil springs, new DJM upper control arms, new power steering box and idler arms on front and Capt fab steering box plate.

The only modification to the rear is 1969 Chevelle coils springs (all specs are the same as stock but spring rate is lower) this creates a little drop in the rear and a smoother ride with an empty bed.

****My first problem is that the truck dog tracks down the road with the rear tires rolling a couple of inches to the right of the front.

I have used a plumb bob to check squareness of the frame and none of the measurements are more than 1/4" different. However, this is the first time I've ever tried this so the results may not be perfectly accurate.

****The second problem is that the truck veers to the left under acceleration and then veers back to the right when lifting the throttle. It brakes straight so the veering is not related to the brakes I don't think.

I had the front aligned by an "old school" guy that has been doing alignments for 50 years and was very highly recommended. The truck rides down the road straight with the exception of throttle changes and he said the rear trailing arm bushings were good with no play.

Any help/advise is welcome.
440racer is offline   Reply With Quote