View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:26 AM   #54
fishnixon

Re: Chev-odge: ‘71 K20 Cummins build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice project. Unfortunately you won't be able to put the Cummins balancer in the same place as the small block chevy without cutting the firewall severely. I've seen the dodge cross member used in these before. You can make it fit. I usually just made my own. Do you have any plans to replace the leaf springs or lift the truck any? We have a diesel conversion section in the engine area of this forum with a lot of builds in it as well.
Thanks! Good feedback…My goal is to be able to compare the small block fore and aft and then find the location for the Cummins, so I do not have to cut the firewall. I’ll be using electric fans to make room in the front.

I’ll check out the diesel section. Perhaps I’ll find a “common” Mopar crossmember to Chevy frame location on the frame I can use. Would you know of such a location that I can map out on the frame?

I do plan on replacing all leaf springs and am hoping for a 4 inch lift while using the Dodge front and rear differentials (reportedly with 3.08 gears). I need to gain knowledge of a spring pack that will hold up the heavy weight of the Cummins while getting the 4 inch lift. Do you know of a leaf pack package that I could purchase to accomplish this?

Any help is accepted and appreciated. The easier (through other’s experience) the better! Thanks!
fishnixon is offline   Reply With Quote