View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 11:55 PM   #7
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: November 2021 ToTM - Sporting Jacket

Thanks for all the votes guys. I know it's not the prettiest ride out there but it was built to get used on and off-road. That tan hides a lot of mountain and desert pinstripes for sure. I appreciate the recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Congratulations! You have transformed that Blazer into quite an adventurous rig... and you put it to use. I spy a glimpse of Larry's '78 in the one picture. Next time you talk to him tell him I said hello
Thanks, dude. I pride myself on the truck's ability to chew up 500 miles or more on pavement, hammer on it on dirt in the middle of nowhere, and drive back. It wouldn't be where it is now without all the work Larry put in on the 8.1/5-speed swap and the initial build. This truck has gone from Southern CO to as far as the Mojave Road in CA, Utah 4 times, and countless mountain runs in Colorado. Each time driving out and back with a few days of wheeling in between. That says a lot for a 30 year old truck.

I'll tell Larry hello for you the next time I'm mooching beers out of his garage fridge. Likely Friday.

Thanks again guys!