View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
Spalma916

What to do what to get?

Hey guys, this is my first time joining a forum, I usually get my questions answered by reading what others have posted. I have a 69 C10 w/292 straight 6, 465 muncie 4 speed manual, basically original. I gutted the interior, removed the gas tank, sanded, primed, painted, installed a Painless wiring kit (so ALL wires are new!), put the inside all back together and it looks Nice! Just waiting on my seats out of a 2005 chevy 1500.
Someone was supposed to swap beds w/me cause mines is all banged up and theirs was straight but that deal fell thru and while waiting I had removed the bed to install a rear mounted gas tank, it fits great w/the 4 bolts to the frame(do I need to install the straps too!!??), I power brushed the entire rear frame and cleaned it, sanded,primed and painted and noooooooooooow................I'm stuck!!!!
I'm looking at my ORIGINAL SHOCKS & COIL SPRINGS!!! I'm not surprised they're still working and there, I'm surprised I didn't think to upgrade them while I was cleaning and upgrading all around it.
What should I get? What BRAND should I get? Shoot I still have drum brakes all around, is there a year that will bolt right on? The 2005 p/u I got the seats from has disk brakes all around and is being parted out, will that brake system work? Can someone help and let ,everyone know firstly what shocks and coils I should get?
Spalma916 is offline   Reply With Quote