View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #159
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Been a long time since I have posted anything on a forum. Mostly been using Instagram to post pics of my work any more. If you want to see more current stuff go over there and find me under @75dually .

I have been working on getting the bed mounted, tubing in and welded up, and the bed flooring completed. Here are a couple of pics of my more recent work. The last picture in this stack is from back in January this year. I got Covid in early February, not really bad, but it set me back about 6 weeks. I have not been back out working on this because of motivation and other life priorities getting in the way.

Once I got the bed squared up I built the tubing frame work, and then I started laying the down the plywood base. I coated all the plywood in bed liner for long term protection. Then I bought a bunch of really nice red oak and milled it for some custom metal slats. I have since these pictures sealed up the oak with a single coat of poly and some stain. I have all the metal slats cut and waiting on etch primer and then paint.

Some other small items I have completed is the front sheet metal has been hung, and the front bumper and it's mounts have all been finished up. So that really helps check off a lot of small items on my super long list. I have found a 90's blue 60/40 bench seat at a local bone yard. It was a really great find. I still have to get the steering column mounted and the shaft hooked up to the steering box, but I am gaining!

I have tires mounted on my 22" transport rims, and they are temporarily mounted on the truck so I can roll it around the shop. The rims are going to get painted when the bulk of the work is completed.

So basically I'm down to getting all the lose ends tied up before I can start it and bring it to some shows. I just need some motivation!
Attached Images

Last edited by 75Dually; 04-30-2021 at 05:16 PM.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote