View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #162
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Nice update Chris!

I wish we could have worked out our schedules to come see your stuff when I was out there.

Well, now you just have to get it finished enough to bring it to C10's in the Park in September. I am shooting to have 2 or 3 projects there at the show this year. I know that 1 will be ready, the other two are a mystery if they get finished...
I wish you did have time when you were out here. Would have been fun! I am trying to get it done for that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinNH View Post
The bed looks great. What did you make the metal slats out of? One thing I wonder about using a Tahoe chassis is if the rear spring setup will need to be adjusted as the weight should be quite a bit lighter with only a bed.
The metal slats are 1"x1" .083 wall box tubing cut down the center. I had a ton of it, and it really worked out well. It will look great painted up against the stain I am using. About the springs, I think you are right about the spring weight, but I am going to have to wait and see what the ride is like before I will change anything. I have looked at a couple of different sets which are fairly cheap so I bet I can find the right combo.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote