View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
caseyjones

Re: 1964 C10 Survivor

Once I had fuel and the truck was running I could start working through the other things that would keep it off the road. I found a set of lightly used 255/70-15 tires as the ones on it were 20 years old and dry rotted. The electrical system was really hit or miss - tail and brake light issues, dash lights not working, dome not working, etc. I replaced the headlight switch hoping that was the cause but no such luck. I knew the fuse block was questionable so i decided to dig in:

some of the fuse holders were breaking off as I worked with it, so it was time to go. I was getting to know the Speedway website well - I ordered their wiring kit along with some of the original-style Packard terminals from Mouser. I removed the original connector shells from the main cab harness and used the new terminals to connect again to all of the under hood and rear harness connectors. I have extra wiring for the power windows/locks/etc that come with the 21 circuit kit bundled up under the dash just in case someone wants to add that stuff later.

I replaced the broken turn signal switch, the broken temp gauge, all of the dash bulbs and the license plate bulb. I left the ammeter disconnected and bought a little USB charger/voltmeter to plug into the cigarette lighter. This way I can see what's happening when I drive but hide it when I want the interior to look stock. So far no problems.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote