View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #16
jkohnz

Re: My AWD Build Thread

Some recent updates...

Got my cab, fenders and hood media blasted. Cab had a little more rot than I had hoped for, but it's manageable. Going to have to replace the outer roof panel now, as I found some hidden rot inside the cab on the roof and such, and patch both seems on the bottom of the windshield and around the wiper motor. Amazing how many small dings and dents someone had filled on this thing. The hood has a few pin holes on the front edge, and a football sized section where someone "fixed" a dent.

I've picked up replacement cab corners, outer rockers, and full floor. Still need the roof panel and some sheet metal to fab up the bottom section of the back of the cab between the cab corners.

The 04 Denali started losing a lot of oil and coolant, so I decided to park it, tear it down, and part it out. Now I'm focusing on lining up the cab and bed on the 04 frame. In order to get the bed to roughly fit, I had to cut 4 inches off the rear frame rails and cut off some of the body mounts. I notched the spare tire mount for the rear cross brace for the bed also. I also did some cutting on the bed as well.

I've also decided to use my center console and 2nd row buckets from the Denali, I set them in the cab, and they fit pretty good. I'll just need to rework the seat brackets to fit the floor some, but they feel real nice sitting in the cab. Plus, they're heated. No need for power adjustments at all. Sits perfect for me.

Name:  BedCut1_sm.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  BedCut2_sm.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  BedCut3_sm.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  BedCut4_sm.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  64.2 KB