View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #130
GSFMECH
On the road

Re: “Castro” my new 72 build

Getting closer, painted the bottom of the hood and the hinges. Bumper and grill installed. I used one NOS hinge and one repop, the originals were worn out. The grill is a NOS one that I bought back when I built the blue truck many years ago. i think I paid 400 bucks for it which was expensive at the time. I ran it for several years but it had a small ding in it from a rock hitting it and was lightly sandblasted from sand blowing in off the beach at CTC one year. I hated the way it was looking in the blue truck so I replaced the inner and outer grill, headlight doors and emblem with repops which were crashed in the wreck. I had this thing sitting in the attic for years. I used it in this build, it's a perfect match for the rest of the truck, it's not too shiny but still really nice and the ding matches all the other dings in the truck. Best part is it's all GM as is most all the trim, mirrors etc. Front bumper is a new repop, rear is a repop but I have a GM (now used) rear NOS one I may put on the rear that I had replaced on the blue truck for the same reason I changed the grill back then.
Attached Images

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com

Last edited by GSFMECH; 04-28-2021 at 12:02 PM.
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote