View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 01:50 PM   #588
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

With the weather being a bit rubbish outside today, i had two options when it stopped raining

Cut down this tree to below last years pruning knots where the new growth started, up a long ladder, or go play with the Chassis and front end.

Decided the soft ground and working alone was not that clever, I did last year and nearly came down with the ladder at one point when the ground was too spft.

So I moved everything out from under the carport, cleaned up, swung the chassis through 180 degrees, then realised it was wrong, and swung it all around again.

After picking up and loading the chassis onto the front crossmember, I took a jack and lifted the rear to get the 8 bolts seated and in place to keep it all together.

Awkward on your own, but not impossible.

Chilly outside at 4’C when I started, moving up to 6’C or 40’F at which point I was missing @pauly who usually is spread out on my driveway when the temperature drops to that level.

Front end in.

Done.

I thought getting the back end up and in as well was happening, till I realised there were two studs missing from the one hub, and that I need some very short wheel nuts/lugnuts to hold the 4x108 to 4x100 adapters in place. I thought I had a set, but they seem to have disappeared.

I also want to get different wheel bolts for the rear wheels than the chrome ones that came with the adapters.

So I pulled things together, disassembled the rear wheels and adapters that need some more parts to get the steel wheels on there.

I suspect @nickwheeler will be grinning tonight.

Weekend over, dark and cold outside, heating on for a bit, chill from being outside.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote