View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 06:18 PM   #667
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Friday…..

WEEEEEEKKKEND ! !

So today I took my lunch break and grabbed a coffee and headed down to the garage.

I had started on the mock up of the roll bar the other day, so continued with that.

Also a few other little jobs.

Do note, the drivers seat has been mounted lower because in the fully back position it needs to slide back and downward on the rails.

So if you move it forward for shortarsess if will raise it vertically.

Make sense?

And finally, drawn for copying, the cross bar for the harness mounts are at shoulder height.

I think I am liking this so far.

Remember 28 August 2020 ?

First pic or is that PIG entry on this thread.

When I came in today there were a few letters and a recycled padded envelope (my kinda thinking) addressed to me……..

First thought was that I had not ordered anything off Ebay, nobody had said they were sending a small envelope.

So I opened it………..

@peteh1969 had gone and created a 3D printing programme for the Rocket Pig and printed me some logos for the Rezin Rockit to use once it is ready to be on the road.

I will need to try paint them in chrome, and then hopefully get some clear resin to fill them in as badges for the sides.

I was chuffed as a chuffed thing can be.

These little details make a big difference.

I have another plan.

Small triangular side plates to add to the outsides of the seats, just to prevent sliding out, more as a visual detail.

In the style that @dez put on his Transit, recovery.

With dimple die holes in three sizes. Or just step drilled in different sizes and finished off.

Or something like that.

Picture lifted from Dez’ thread.

Using the seatbelt bolt and securing pin to keep it in place.

Adding more and more little details, hmmmmmmm….?

maybe tomorrow will see some real work again.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote