View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 07:09 AM   #451
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Not Just El Caminos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
The 70's were a tough time. All the cool stuff was gone. Replaced by ugly junk, ugly clothes, ugly stupid gutless cars, weird hair, and the absolute worst of all... Disco.
Lousy music. If someone plays Tony Orlando and Dawn or The Captain and Tennille just do me a favor and shoot me.
Yep, this is when I weened off of trends. I was solid into country rock, folk rock, southern rock, bluegrass, and anything blues. Plenty of new stuff and all the old. Disco is something I heard a lot about and would hear on other people's radios. Polyester? I went all cotton, except some outdoor gear. And cars, that's when I stopped paying attention. Before that I could tell you any year make and model of any car. We really got screwed on new cars. Everything else was great about our generation. The sucky cars didn't matter back then because we had plenty of the best cars to buy used. But look at today when you can buy a 700 hp car off the lot. "I thought fast cars were too dangerous and used too much gas!" I thought I was supposed to buy a Vega and forget about horsepower." And for those having trouble forgetting about power they offered stickers. I always had a thing for trucks, but by the mid-70s that's where my interest turned

Knock three times...

Twice on the pipes, ding ding, if the answer is no...

How about I knock you up the side o de head wit some Molly Hatchet?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-05-2022 at 07:18 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote