Thread: Berthas Build
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #21
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Berthas Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairchild19 View Post
I am having a set of motor mounts/cross member cut out by a member on 4btswaps that I will be able to modify to fit my frame and stock 94 motor side mounts as well as the upper alt bracket notched to run the stock 94 water inlet and a lower tensioner bracket that is made to clear the frame a bit better.
Draw me a picture of how you are going to route your belt around your accessories. When I was trying to use the Dodge water outlet like you have I could not route the belt in such a way to get an acceptable amount of wrap on the driven components--thus my vertical water outlet. On this same thought train, I have not seen anyone use the parts I used in conjunction with the water outlet you have route the belt in such a way to get good wrap on the components. Where the water outlet comes through the alternator bracket that you are having notched, it gets in the way of a straight shot off of the fan hub to the alternator. The belt can be re-routed, but it leaves the alternator and a/c compressor with what was 90* or less wrap. One dude over there couldn't figure out why his belt squealed when his a/c compressor engaged. That sucks.