View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #63
realvc

Re: 1962 stepside project by realvc

No new pictures at this time.

A few little things have been taken care of like removing some knick knacks off the 82 that might or might not be used on the 62. General cleaning up and picking up around the shop.

Have had to work on my daily driver (99 Z71) this week too. About every six months the throttle starts getting hard to mash and requires cleaning of the throttle body to free it up. Took care of that and cleaned up the lock assy. inside the passenger door that had also quit working. Everything looking and acting good.

Then yesterday as I was leaving the bank drive through I heard a squeak that was new. On further inspection it turned out to be the rear u joint.
I picked up some new ones from O'reilly's and installed them last night.

When I got back from the required road test the low coolant light was on and I could smell coolant. Checked under the hood and found the top rad. hose disconnected from the rad. and coolant all over everything. The hose clamp was slid about half way up the hose.

I had replaced the water pump back in July and not put the clamp back in place when I installed the hose. I could not believe that the hose had stayed on this long.

How is that for a crazy story? It's hard to believe that the hose had stayed in place without the clamp during all the miles I've driven since installing the water pump.

That is the way it goes at the "Shade Tree L.L.C."
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote